Today I feel like sharing something that is food related to lighten the mood. Ah… I looove me a tasty cake when the weather gets colder! I have a super easy apple cake recipe and it would be a shame if I kept it for myself 😛
During Fall and Winter we bake this at home almost every weekend, and it makes a great breakfast cake.
Ingredients (for a small cake; I normally double the doses)
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup Brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
two red apples
3/4 cup of walnuts or almonds
1) Preheat the oven to 180 ° c. Peel and cut apples into cubes.
2) Mix the flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder, until they become one.
3) Add the eggs and mix with a wooden spoon until it becomes a uniform mass.
4) Finally, add the apples and walnuts or almonds and mix the dough well.
5) Put a piece of wax paper in an oblong baking tray, grease it with butter (or margarine), and pour the mixture in the tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until you get a sweet brown colour.
6) You are ready!
Hope you’ll enjoy this!
*Featured Image by favim.com